Forum » General » News and Announcements » exciting to get back to Kootenay

exciting to get back to Kootenay

• NEW YORK -- California Chrome co-owner Steve Coburn apologized Monday for his bitter remarks after his horse failed to win the Triple Crown. Nike Sko Vapormax . Coburn said on ABCs "Good Morning America" he was "very ashamed of myself. Very ashamed. I need to apologize to a lot of people, including my wife, Carolyn." She tried to intervene as Saturdays interview got out of control, explaining that her husband was "very emotional and I was trying to calm him down." Coburn also apologized to the connections of winning horse Tonalist, saying: "I did not mean to take anything away from them." On Saturday, he had said that Tonalist took "the cowards way out" by skipping the first two legs of the Triple Crown. Sunday, he doubled down by pointing out that "it wouldnt be fair if I played basketball with a child in a wheelchair because I got an unfair advantage." By Monday though, he tried to make amends. Coburns lower lip quivered at times during the interview in which he apologized to co-owner Perry Martin and trainer Art Sherman, among others. "I need to apologize to the world and America, our fans that have written us, given us so much support. I apologize, I sincerely apologize," Coburn said. "This is Americas horse. I wanted this so much, for this horse to win the Triple Crown for the people of America." If the Belmont had only been open to horses than ran in the Derby and Preakness, there would have been just three horses in Saturdays race, making it unlikely the third-largest crowd of 102,199 would have shown up or that a record $19,105,877 would have been wagered on-track. California Chrome, General a Rod and Ride On Curlin were the only horses to run in all three. General a Rod finished seventh in the Belmont and Ride On Curlin did not finish. California Chrome beat them both, but finished tied for fourth, possibly as a result of a cut foot that he apparently sustained after bumping another horse leaving the starting gate. "Hell be able to race again," Coburn said. Vapormax Svart Dame Norge . Chelsea ripped apart Hull inside 25 minutes at Stamford Bridge, with the early goals from Oscar and Frank Lampard securing a 2-0 victory. While Lampard had earlier missed a penalty, Roberto Soldado had no such trouble from the spot for Tottenham, scoring on his debut to clinch a 1-0 victory over Crystal Palace. Vapormax Flyknit Dame Norge . -- Cincinnati Reds closer Aroldis Chapman is undergoing surgery to repair a broken bone above his left eye but has no other serious injuries after being hit in the face by a line drive in a spring training game. SASKATOON -- Tim Bozon looked thin and spoke briefly, his voice hoarse after weeks of using a feeding tube. The French hockey player and Montreal Canadians prospect was released from a Saskatoon hospital Friday, four weeks after falling seriously ill with bacterial meningitis. "Im doing good," he said. "Ive been through a lot and I feel way better now." Bozon and his family will travel to Cranbrook, where he will drop the puck at a playoff game of his Western Hockey League team, the Kootenay Ice. "Im excited to leave the hospital," he said. "Its going to be exciting to get back to Kootenay and see the boys and say bye one more time before going back to Europe." Father Philippe Bozon, who played in the NHL for the St. Louis Blues in the 1990s, was visibly emotional and thanked the Saskatoon and broader hockey community for their generosity and support. He added treatment has been costly, and encouraged the public to donate to a trust fund established to help pay the familys medical and other expenses "I want to say from my wife and I how proud we are of you Timmy, for fighting like this," he said. "I know it was a tough fight and I know you are still fighting, and I will always have faith in you." After travelling to Cranbbrook to collect Bozons things, the family will go to Montreal to visit the Canadiens organization. Vapormax Herre Norge. . While there Bozon will also see doctors and receive some dental surgery. From there the family will return to France, where Bozon will enter a sports rehabilitation clinic in the southwestern town of Capbreton. Neurologist Gary Hunter treated Bozon from the day he arrived at Saskatoons Royal University Hospital, and said prompt medical attention and an induced coma were critical to his recovery. "His progress has been really amazing, so I think his prognosis is very good," he said. "Hes a tough guy and hes very motivated so I think hes going to do very well." Hunter said its had to know at this early stage whether he will be able to resume his hockey career. "Its very difficult to speculate on his long term neurologic prognosis," he said. Bozons agent Roly Thompson said he is amazed at Bozons speedy progress, which gives him hope that a full recovery is possible. "Obviously we have a long way to go," he said. "Were going to go through rehab and I think its important that everybody realize its not going to be instant." "But my gut feeling is that hes going to play one day for the Montreal Canadiens." ' ' '
      September 12, 2019 8:04 AM CEST