Forum » General » Support » pulled even at 3-3 with a deuce in the fifth

pulled even at 3-3 with a deuce in the fifth

• Manchester City and England midfielder Jill Scott says the passion for football in the North East is a driving force behind the emergence of so many talented female players from the region. Juan Cuadrado Jersey . A number of current internationals - including Scott, skipper Steph Houghton, Lucy Bronze, Jordan Nobbs and Carly Telford - hail from the North East and have all played at Sunderland at some point in their career.I think there must be something in the water, Scott told Sky Sports. Growing up I was always around football. I had a season ticket at Sunderland from the age of seven and I think there is just a real passion and a real love for the game up here. Durham-born Steph Houghton is Manchester City and England Womens captain If you look at all the players that have come through from the North East they are all hard-working and gritty. I dont know if thats because we played most weekends in the rain and the wind and that made us a lot stronger.But a lot of us played under Mick Mulhern at Sunderland and he was someone who would always give young players an opportunity.I remember playing with the first team around the age of 14 and some of my team-mates were around 29 or 30. Jill Scott has more than 100 caps for England It was tough being so young but giving us that opportunity at that age strengthened us. He did that with a lot of young players and you can see them reaping the benefits of that as players now. Its fantastic to see so many girls from the North East coming through.Scott was speaking at a coaching session for 35 girls run by Evolution Soccer in Durham, where she joined Newcastle United Womens defender Emily Ellis.This was a fantastic opportunity to come along and team up with Evolution Soccer who run a lot of coaching academies for boys and now they have one for girls, Scott said. Jordan Nobbs (r) and Lucy Bronze (l) are also from the North East Ive been doing soccer schools for the last two years or so now and I absolutely love doing stuff like this. Its great to see how many girls are now getting involved.It was difficult for myself growing up because there were a lot of boys playing and you did get bullied sometimes because you were the only girl playing.But now seeing the girls and talking to their parents, they say their confidence has really gone up because they are around girls and not around boys all the time. Also See: SportsWomen Latest Show News Latest News SportsWomen Video Mattia Perin Juventus Jersey . The top-ranked Spaniard won his fourth Madrid Open on Sunday after Kei Nishikori was forced to withdraw with a hip injury when trailing 2-6, 6-4, 3-0 in the final. And Nadal, who is coming off to uncharacteristic quarterfinal losses on clay, said his mental strength is still lacking just two weeks ahead of the French Open. Paulo Dybala Jersey .  City has reached new heights under manager Manuel Pellegrini as they transition from big spending/immediate impact to perennial contender.  Yaya Toures seeming discontent Tuesday may complicate that, as does the little issue of Financial Fair Play.BEIJING -- Canadas Kevin Koe was in a four-way tie for third place at the world mens curling championship after splitting his games Sunday at Capital Indoor Stadium. Koe dropped a 9-6 decision to Japans Yusuke Morozumi in the early draw before improving to 2-1 with a 9-6 victory over Chinas Rui Liu. "Obviously its a long week, but you dont want to get yourself behind the eight-ball early, so obviously it was important to get some stuff figured out," said Canadian third Pat Simmons. "It was a good, gutsy win for us, for sure." The Calgary-based rink opened the tournament Saturday with a 6-3 win over Denmark. Norways Thomas Ulsrud and Germanys John Jahr led at 3-0 after five draws. Canada was tied with Japan, Switzerland and Sweden at 2-1. China picked up a steal of one in the fourth end when Koes open takeout attempt overcurled. Canada pulled even at 3-3 with a deuce in the fifth and stole three points in the sixth end when Lius draw was wide. Koe added a deuce in the eighth end and one more point in the 10th for the victory. "Thats big," Koe said. "I mean, you dont want to get 1-2 this early in the week. It (would) be a long week, for sure." Teams are still adjusting to the ice conditions in the warm, humid Chinese capital. There have been some uncharacteristic misses over the first weekend of competition, such as Koes mistake in the fourth end against China. Giorgio Chiellini Jersey. "I didnt think I threw it too bad in the fourth," said Koe. "Sometimes you throw it and you think you know what itll do and it still doesnt do that. So thats frustrating. Were used to a little more out of ourselves, so we just have to realize that its tough for both teams and we have to stick with it." The Canadian icemaking tandem of Hans Wuthrich and Greg Ewasko have had some challenges -- including a contaminated water supply -- in their effort to create top-flight conditions. "You just have to accept that theres going to be some nuances on each sheet," Simmons said. "If you can get control of the game and make the other team play those hard shots, then its obviously a big advantage. "We were able to do that and make him shoot against a few of our rocks the one end (the seventh) and we were lucky enough to get the steal. Yeah, well take it." The Czech Republic, Russia, China and the United States were 1-2 while Denmark and Scotland remained winless at 0-3. The Canadians will play Russia and the Czechs on Monday. Koe won gold in his only previous appearance at the world championship, taking top spot at the 2010 tournament in Cortina DAmpezzo, Italy. Canada has won gold three of the last four world championships. Jeff Stoughton was victorious in 2011 in Regina and Glenn Howard won at Basel, Switzerland in 2012. ' ' '
      July 25, 2019 8:54 AM CEST