Forum » General » News and Announcements » think as players we understand that were

think as players we understand that were

• World javelin silver medallist Ihab Abdelrahman has been banned from the Rio Games by Egypt’s national Olympic Committee after testing positive for a banned substance. Christian Jaros Senators Jersey . The 27-year-old, who secured a silver in Beijing last year, tested positive in April and was temporarily suspended, although he has protested his innocence.The tests were analysed in Barcelona and the athlete was asked to travel to the Spanish city but refused and asked for a second test to be taken after the Rio Games. Mamduh al-Shishtawi, the executive director of the Egyptian Olympics Committee, told AFP that Abdelrahman has therefore been excluded from the team.Doping has been to the forefront of the news in the run-up to Rio, with Russias participation already under fierce scrutiny over state-sponsored doping.Another Egyptian athlete, hammer thrower Mostafa Al-Gamel, will miss the Games because of injury. Also See: Putin: Olympic ban discrimination Russian judo team get all clear Bobby Ryan Jersey . They find themselves trying to knock each other out in the Western Conference finals for the second straight year. The Blackhawks prevailed last year on their way to the Stanley Cup, and they have the early lead this time after taking the opener, 3-1. Mikkel Boedker Senators Jersey . In the last race before the Sochi Olympics, Bjoergen followed up her win in the 10-kilometre classical race on Saturday by beating World Cup sprint leader Denise Herrmann of Germany by 0.43 seconds for her fifth victory of the season.ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Manti Teo says his rough rookie season has nothing to do with the flak hes faced over getting fooled by a hoax involving a fake girlfriend while at Notre Dame. The San Diego Chargers rookie linebacker said in his first conference call of the season Tuesday that he has yet to play a complete game in the NFL but thats because of his adjustment to the pros and not because hes distracted in any way by the catcalls from opposing teams or their fans. Teo said he does a good job blocking out the chatter from the stands. "Ive definitely heard things, but my job is to go out there and to play ball and do my best and hopefully come out with a win. So, all the other outside stuff, if Im paying attention to that, then Im in trouble," Teo said. "But thats what fans do. They love their team. Theyre passionate about their team, so its nothing that I didnt expect." Teo said he hasnt really caught much grief from opposing players. "I havent really run into any of that. I think as players we understand that were all in the same situation. Were all here to play ball and were here as football players, were trying to provide a life for our families and thats about it," Teo said. "When we step on the football field, its all about football and competing. So, I havent really run into any of that stuff." Yet, when asked a follow-up question about opponents trying to get under his skin, he did acknowledge that they sometimes bring up the iissue. Brady Tkachuk Senators Jersey. "But to be honest, Im so locked into the game that basically I dont really catch it," he said. "And at this point, it doesnt really bother me. So, its no big deal, really." Teo was an All-American linebacker whose draft stock fell after his poor showing in the BCS championship game against Alabama and once the hoax was revealed as front office personnel wondered if hed be mentally tough enough to handle the grief hed face over the girlfriend hoax. The Chargers selected him in the second round of the draft, but his development was slowed by a sprained right foot in training camp and he was inactive for the Chargers first three games. Since then, hes been steady, collecting 69 tackles and breaking up four passes while playing inside linebacker next to Donald Butler. Chargers coach Mike McCoy said Teo is facing the usual growing pains a rookie experiences but "each week hes gotten a little bit better." Teo, however, has yet to record an interception or a sack or really have a big impact on a game for the Chargers (6-7), who visit the Broncos (11-2) Thursday night. "I still havent had a complete game yet," Teo said. "Ive felt the most growth I would have to say the Kansas City game (on Nov. 24). There was a different feel to that game, I was comfortable to a level where I could just move. ... Im looking forward to a time when I can have that complete game and Im constantly working to do that." ' ' '
      July 24, 2019 8:45 AM CEST